Couples for Christ (CFC) is a Catholic movement intended for the renewal and strengthening of Christian family life.
Where and how CFC began?
CFC began in 1981 in Manila, Philippines. Beginning from the first 16 couples who joined the weekly gathering, CFC became a Christian family life renewal which was later made available to parishes and groups of married couples who wished to live out their Christian life in an active supportive relationship with one another.
Through the years, CFC has blossomed into a worldwide ministry, becoming a major force for the renewal of the Christian family life and also of the church.
Why such a ministry?
CFC wants to rise in defence of the family, which is God’s work. CFC wants to bring God’s strength and light to those who are struggling to be truly Christian families in the modern world.
How does CFC intend to work for a Christian Renewal?
- Through programs and teachings that will support: Individual renewal
- Deepening personal relationship with God: Family renewal
- Strengthening family life and marriage: Church renewal
- Missions and evangelisations
CFC Mission & Vision
"BUILDING THE CHURCH OF THE HOME, BUILDING THE CHURCH OF THE POOR"
The elements of the CFC fullness of mission are the following:
- Evangelisation and Mission
- Pastoral/Spiritual Formation
- Family Renewal
- Church of the Poor
- Effective Governance and Stewardship
And its Philosophy
- WE BELIEVE in marriage as an indissoluble institution as taught by our Lord Jesus Christ (Mt 19:6).
- WE BELIEVE that God created man and wife with equal personal worth and dignity.
- WE BELIEVE in the inalienable and irreplaceable right and responsibility of parents to educate their children.
- WE BELIEVE that the family, in practicing the gospel message, shares in the life and mission of the Church.
- WE BELIEVE that Christian family renewal can best be achieved by inviting Jesus to be the Lord of our homes.